19 Nov./Albany NY – Gov. Cuomo announces state funding to upgrade 14 bridges, 26 grade crossings, and ~32 miles of track, equipment, and facilities. RONY President Don Hutton said , “These investments not only reduce costs for shippers, but they will lead to lower commodity prices for consumers.” The list of grant recipients and awards are:
New York City – $6.3 million
1. Long Island Rail Road, Queens County – $2.8 million to rehabilitate the Union Turnpike bridge.
2. NYC Department of Small Business Services, Richmond County – $3.5 million for rehabilitation of the Arthur Kill Lift Bridge.
Capital Region – $4.2 million
3. Pan Am Southern, LLC, Rensselaer County – $2.7 million to reconfigure and expand tracks at the Hoosick Junction Interchange.
4. Albany Port Railroad Corp., Albany County – $1.2 million to replace an existing switcher locomotive with a Tier 4 compliant switcher (Clean Diesel Locomotive).
5. Schenectady County Industrial Development Agency, Schenectady County – $0.3 million for rail track improvements at the Glenville Business and Technology Park.
Mid-Hudson – $1.6 million
6. Middletown & New Jersey Railroad, LLC, Orange County – $1.6 million for track rehabilitation and siding.
Central New York – $4.5 million</div/>
7. Finger Lakes Railway Corp., Cayuga County, – $2.8 million for coordinated yard improvements.
8. Central New York Regional Transportation Authority., Onondaga County, – $0.6 million for William F. Walsh Regional Transportation Center Platform Rehabilitation.
9. New York, Susquehanna & Western Railway Corp., Onondaga County – $1.1 million for installation of 2.6 miles of new continuous welded rail.
Finger Lakes – $4.7 million
10. Falls Road Railroad Co., Inc., Niagara and Orleans Counties – $0.9 million for bridge repairs and track rehabilitation between Lockport and Brockport.
11. Ontario Midland Railroad Corp., Wayne County – $2.9 million for 15 miles of track rehabilitation and improve three grade crossings.
12. Rochester & Southern Railroad, Inc., Genesee County – $0.9 million for rehabilitation of nine public grade crossings and one bridge.
Mohawk Valley – $2.6 million
13. Mohawk, Adirondack and Northern Railroad Corp., Oneida County – $1.8 million for engine house expansion and track and bridge rehabilitation.
14. City of Rome, Oneida County – $0.8 million for rehabilitation of a combined railroad – highway bridge.
Southern Tier – $1.9 million
15. Central New York Railroad Corp., Delaware and Sullivan County – $0.6 million to replace high side rail and track rehabilitation.
16. B & H Rail Corp., Steuben County – $0.8 million for bridge rehabilitations.
17. Catskill Revitalization Corp., Delaware County – $0.5 million to restore 6.7 miles of rail for the scenic “Highmount Project.”
Western New York – $1.3 million
18. Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, Allegany and Steuben South Tier Extension Railroad Authority, Cattaraugus and Chautauqua Counties – $1.3 million for track rehabilitation and grade crossing improvements from Steamburg to Poland Center.